Monday, April 23, 2007

They're supposed to be sleeping...

Many, many, many nights as a child, my parents would catch me reading "just one more chapter!" I LOVED to read, and since we moved around a lot, I didn't always have a lot of friends to spend time with - so falling in love with books was easy to do...I found my friends in all the many worlds I read about! To this day, I can recall scenes from books almost as if I had actually visited them. This is the scene I came upon tonight when I went to tuck the kids in bed...(and found Tobin missing from his.) Although the picture looks light, it was actually pitch-black in Shira's room and they had her princess night light between them, totally absorbed in their own worlds found in the picture books...

1 comment:

Girl Raised in the South said...

My older sister, Barb and I used to take turns holding the flashlight under the covers, hoping it wouldn't shine out under the door. We burned up a lot of batteries reading into the night. xoxo