Monday, April 16, 2007

Meal Plan Mondays

I've been ahead of the game this week! I have been able to sort through recipes and plan out the entire rest of the month for menus! So here are the next few days...

Monday - Broiled Salmon, Mashed Potatoes, Cucumber Salad and Colcannon Soup
Tuesday - Apple Pear Salad, Chicken Salad on Croissants
Wednesday - Mac N Cheese, peas and carrots, applesauce (kids only)
Thursday - French Onion Salibury Steak, Green salad
Friday - Pork Stir Fry
Saturday - leftovers
Sunday - Heavenly Chicken (from Once-A-Month cooking), Springtime Bread, honey orange carrots

One of my goals in preparing meals is to be healthy, of course, but also to offer variety. I try to do a beef, a chicken, a pork, a soup and a pasta every week. Sometimes it works out that way, sometimes it doesn't. Also, to economize, if we do whole steaks or chicken breasts in a meal, then I try to use meat in the rest of the meals that is more economical - like using a small amount of pork for the stir fry, or shredded chicken in a casserole. This trick really stretches out my meat budget, but doesn't make my husband end up feeling like I'm trying to convert him into being a vegetarian!

2 comments:

Jean said...

That soup recipe sounds really good! Welcome back to Meal Plan Menu. You have some great looking meals.

As He Leads is Joy said...

One of the things that I like about planning is I can try to put a bit of each meat in my week as well.